Brazil will host 2020 Pan-American Paragliding Championship
Two countries competed to host 4th FAI Pan-American Paragliding Championship in 2020.
- The bid of Baixo Guandu, Brazil was presented by Thomas Milko NAC of Brazil.
- The bid of Guayaquil, Ecuador, was presented by Josua Coronel Event organizer. Questions on take off, budget and live tracking were asked.
A secret vote was requested. Plenary agreed to define the winner with the principle of plurality. The absolute majority voted in favour of Brazil.
The main advantages were:
- Proven launch area for numerous PWC and FAI1 Event
- No Airspace restrictions for NOTAM
- Full city support for infrastructure
- Experienced Team (Marcelo Rattis and Frank Brown)